Call for Papers
The 18th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism
School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Woosong University, South Korea
Call for Papers
(Abstract Submission: 20 April 2019)
(Full Paper Submission: 20 May 2019)
2019 APF Official Website: http://apf2019.sis.ac.kr
21-23 June 2019
The 18th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism (APF) will be held at Woosong University from 21-23 June 2019 in Daejeon, Korea. The aim of the APF is to provide a “research forum” for postgraduate students and faculty members engaged in research and postgraduate education in hospitality and tourism. The focus of the forum is to facilitate the exchange of information through research and networking amongst forum participants to foster collaborative research and academic exchanges. The Forum will feature keynote speakers from academic and industry leaders in tourism and hospitality as well as refereed papers and poster presentation from forum participants.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Postgraduate students in tourism, hospitality, leisure and related fields
- Postgraduate students in “multidiscipline” fields who are active in tourism research
- Academics teaching and supervising postgraduate students
- Undergraduate students interested in pursuing postgraduate studies
- Administrators of academic programs in hospitality, tourism and transportation
- Researchers, academics, and consultants with research interests in tourism
- Industry and governmental professionals with an interest in tourism research
- Publishers of academics and students interested in postgraduate research and scholarship in tourism field
CALL FOR PAPERS
This is the initial call for research papers and posters. Authors are invited to submit papers across a wide spectrum of tourism and hospitality related research, including but not limited to:
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality Education and Research
- Multi-disciplined Issues Related to Tourism and Hospitality Education
- Tourism Planning and Tourism Impact Assessment
- Policies and Regulations Affecting Tourism
- Tourism Consumer Behavior
- Impact and Implication of Digital Technologies and Social Media in Tourism and Hospitality
- Destination Marketing
- E-commerce and Travel Agency Management
- Sustainable Tourism and Nature/Eco-Tourism
- Contest and Cooperation on Tourism with Asia-Pacific Areas
- MICE Development and Tourism Crisis Management in Tourism Industry
- Transnational Market Analysis and Forecast
- Tourism Human Resource and Training
- Hospitality Management and Marketing
- Foodservice and Food Habits
- Stakeholders’ Cooperation in Tourism Development
- Case studies on Tourism and Hospitality Development, Marketing and Management
THREE RESEARCH TRACKS
Track 1: Completed Research Papers:
Papers based on a research undertaken by a postgraduate student in part of a master’s or doctoral degree will fall into this category.
Track 2: Research in Progress Papers:
Papers based on research currently in progress in part of a master’s or doctoral degree will fall into this category.
Track 3: Poster Presentations:
Authors who wish to have their papers considered for poster presentation (in lieu of a stand up oral presentation) may choose to submit to this category.
- Three-page abstracts (typed, single-spaced) of proposed papers or presentation proposals should be submitted for final selection process. References should be formatted in APA style. Indicate the author’s name and affiliation only on the cover page of the abstract and they should not be indicated anywhere in the abstract.
- Font: Times New Roman 12pt
- Margins: 1 inch all sides
- Spacing: Double Spaced.
- Tables and figures:
- Must be included at the end of the manuscript, after the references. Please number tables and figures sequentially as they appear in text (e.g. Table 1, Figure 1, etc.).
- Indicate in the text where the tables and figures should appear, for example by inserting [Table 1 near here].
- Submit abstracts or presentation proposals to the APF Secretariat (email) by electronic mail. Submission deadline is 30 March 2019.
- Paper Review Committee will conduct a refereed screening of abstracts or presentation proposals. Authors of accepted abstracts or presentation proposals will be asked to submit full papers before 11 May 2019.
- Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for and present the paper at APF.
Final copies of accepted papers (or abstracts if the authors wish to submit only the abstracts for publication) will be professionally published in electronic form as an edited Forum Proceedings with an ISBN prior to the Forum.
Please direct abstract submissions to 2019 APF Secretariat, Mr Azim Mirzatillaev at firstname.lastname@example.org