Accommodation and Transportation
Getting to Daejeon from Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 & Terminal 2
Taking a Limousine bus from the airport is the most convenient and cost-effective way to reach Daejeon. You will find ticket counters that sell bus tickets inside the airport Terminal Building and outside, near the bus stop.
Incheon International Airport Terminal 1
- (Airlines for Terminal 1: All international airlines except Korean Air, Delta Airlines Air France and KLM Royal Dutch Airline)
- Location of bus ticket counters:
- Inside the terminal: Exits 4 & 9
- Outside the terminal: Exits 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, and 13 and at Bus Stop 9C.
- The bus for Daejeon will stop at point 9D. Make sure that you are there on time, because buses usually arrive and depart promptly. After purchasing a ticket you may proceed to the bus stop marked 9D. A sign is posted at the bus stop listing the route destinations. You will see “Daejeon” on this sign as well as on the bus itself.
Incheon International Airport Terminal 2
- (Airlines for Terminal 2: Korean Air, Delta Airlines, Air France and KLM Royal Dutch Airline)
- Location of bus ticket counters: Traffic center (B1F)
- The bus for Daejeon from Incheon International Airport Terminal 2 will stop at point 5. Please enquire at Bus ticket counter for exact platform location.
- Some Important Information about Getting to Daejeon by Limousine Bus from Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 & 2:
Make sure that you are there on time, because buses usually arrive and depart promptly.When the bus arrives, you will have to load your luggage in the luggage compartments that will be opened by the bus driver. The compartment closest to the front of the bus is usually reserved for the last stop in Daejeon – Daejeon Terminal Complex (Dong-bu Terminal). That is where you should place your luggage. If you are unsure, just tell the driver “terminal” and he will show you where to put the luggage. The last bus stop is at Daejeon’s Daejeon Terminal Complex (Dong-bu Bus Terminal/대전복합 터미널). This is where you get off the bus and claim your luggage. The first bus from Incheon International Airport to Daejeon Terminal Complex (Daejeon Dong-Bu Bus Terminal) is at 6:00 am and the last bus leaves the airport at 11:10 pm.
The fare for the Standard bus is KRW 23,100 for the Deluxe (Limousine Bus). The journey takes approximately 3 hours with a 10 minute break along the way. If you get off the bus to use the washroom, be sure to note the bus license plate number so that you return to the correct bus. Do not panic if you are still in the bus for over 3 hours. The driver will get you safely to your destination.
Bus Departure Schedule from Incheon Airport to Daejeon Terminal Complex
(Daejeon, Dong-Bu Bus Terminal)
|06||00, 20, 50||13||00, 40||20||20, 50|
|07||10, 30, 50||14||10, 40||21||20, 50|
|08||10, 25, 50||15||10, 40||22||10, 40|
|09||10, 30, 50||16||10, 40||23||10|
|10||20, 40||17||00, 20, 50|
|11||00, 20, 50||18||10, 40|
|12||20, 40||19||10, 50|
Alternatively, one can avail the KTX (High-speed rail) services from Incheon International Airport to travel to Daejeon.
Incheon International Airport (AREX) Terminal 1 & 2 ▶ Seoul Station (KTX) ▶ Daejeon Station
One needs to travel to Seoul KTX station from Incheon International Airport - Terminal 1 & 2. The journey time from Incheon International Airport (both terminal 1 & 2) to Seoul KTX station is 1 hour. From Seoul KTX station, one needs to take the KTX trains to Daejeon. Trains stopping at Daejeon are usually headed for Busan. So, please check with your co-passengers to make sure the station is Daejeon. It usually takes 50 mins to 1 hour from Seoul KTX station to Daejeon. The trains are usually on time and stops at each station not more than 2-3 mins.